In a compelling follow-up to a story we covered earlier this week (Parents Of Surviving Sandy Hook Child File First Claim: Sue State For $100M), it’s been reported that New Haven attorney, Irving Pinsky, has now withdrawn that lawsuit:
Just days after filing a $100 million lawsuit claiming the state failed to adequately protect the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School, a New Haven lawyer has withdrawn it.
But that doesn’t preclude a future filing, Irving Pinsky said.
“I received new evidence on security at the school, which I need to evaluate,” Pinsky said Monday. […]
Pinsky said once he reviews the evidence, he will decide what “route to take.” [Source]
As was stated in our earlier report, a Sandy Hook family whose child survived the massacre but was present at the school during the shooting, apparently approached Pinsky in the week following the shooting to take their case. Pinsky, a controversial character who is pictured on his Facebook page in front of a van emblazoned with garish signs advertising his law practice, quickly filed against the state of Connecticut for $100 million.
keyboard shortcuts: V vote up article J next comment K previous comment